Elephant Safari In JIM CORBETT PARK
Book Peaceful Forest Rest House to Stay in Jim Corbett National Park.
Elephant Safari In Jim Corbett
Elephant safari is an excellent way to explore the terrains of the Corbett tiger reserve. Riding on the back of one of the largest beast offers a unique opportunity of seeing the wild from a height of 9-10 feet. The view is spectacular and unbeatable. However, elephant safari is available only in the Bijrani and Dhikala zones.
Corbett Sightseeing in an elephant safari
An elephant safari adds to the charm of the tiger reserve. Tourists staying in the forest rest houses in the Dhikala or Bijrani zones can enjoy the elephant safari by paying for it at the camp. At a time four people can take a ride on the majestic animal. Children below 5 years of age are complimentary with adults. The expert mahout guides the elephant to a designated path which ensures that the tourists can spot a large variety of birds, reptiles, and other mammals. Since a limited number of elephants are used for elephant safari bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis. The 1.5-hour elephant safari is conducted twice in the morning and afternoon shifts. However, morning safari is considered perfect for wildlife sighting.
Corbett elephant safari information
If you wish to see wild animals closely without disturbing them then elephant safari is the perfect way to visit Corbett National Park. No prior booking is required for people staying in the forest reserve area of Bijrani and Dhikala zone. However, elephant safari is also conducted in Corbett landscape zone, the entry for which is through the Sitabani zone. Online booking for elephant safari is done for this area, the charges for which are INR 3500 per elephant for both Indian as well as foreign nationals. Since the number of elephants is limited, prior booking is recommended. Monday is a rest day for elephants hence no elephant safari is available on that day.
Important Information About Elephant Safari
- Elephant safari is available on first come first served basis only for tourists residing in forest lodges at Dhikala and Bijrani zones. However, a previous booking is required for an elephant safari in the landscape zone.
- You need to hail a jeep to reach the zone for taking an elephant safari.
- ID proof (Voter ID, PAN card, passport, DL) is required for making the booking. It is essential to carry the same on yourself during the safari.
- The duration of elephant safari is of 2 hours and only 4 people (adults) can be seated on an elephant.
- Timings of morning elephant safari are 6-8 am and 8-10 am in winters and 5-7 am and 7-9 am in summers. The afternoon safari takes place from 1.30-3.30 pm and 3.30-5.30 pm in winters and 3-5 pm and 5-7 pm in summers.
- Entry permits (non-transferable) are issued online.
- Safari charges are non-refundable.