Canter Safari in JIM CORBETT PARK
Canter safari in Jim Corbett
You can observe endangered animals like tigers in their natural surroundings in national parks. The largest and the only zone of Corbett Tiger reserve that offers a Canter Safari is the Dhikala zone. Located 50 km inside the forest, you can enter it from the Dhangadi gate, which is 18 km from Ramnagar city.
Nature seen at its best in a Canter Safari
A canter safari (open bus which is able to seat 16 people accompanied by a guide) is a popular way to explore the Corbett Tiger Reserve. It is perfect for a large group of family and friends or corporate groups. One of the best ways to explore the wild terrain of the national park, canter safari is, however, available only in the Dhikala zone. Those residing outside the zone and wishing to explore the wildlife of the area can do so by opting for a canter safari. Canters collect tourists from different hotels in Ramnagar and take them to Dhikala and back to Ramnagar. The timings of canter safari are 6-11.30 am and 12-5.30 pm.
Online Canter Safari Booking
To enjoy a canter safari at Corbett, prior booking is essential. Official permission is required to enter the forest area as the entire region falls under restricted and protected area. Two types of permits are issued –
- Day permit (for jeep or canter safari) for both Indian and foreign nationals to visit the national park.
- Night permit for a night stay in government forest lodges.
Canter safari can be booked online from the official Jim Corbett National Park website (www.corbettonlie.uk.gov.in). The price for Corbett canter safari is 1500 INR for Indian nationals and 3000 INR for foreign nationals. Indian nationals can make bookings 45 days prior to their visit and foreign nationals can do the same 90 days in advance.
Points to remember while taking a canter safari
- Canter safari is possible only in Dhikala zone of Corbett Tiger reserve.
- Unlike jeep safari, canter safari is for a duration of 5 hours. It is possible to take a canter safari only in morning or evening.
- Booking for canter safari is open on a 45 days advance basis.
- To book a canter safari name, age, gender and government approved ID is required for all individuals.
- The visitors are expected to carry their personal ID card (DL, voter ID, PAN card, Passport) as mentioned in the form while booking a canter safari.
- Littering the forest area is prohibited.
- Canter safari charges once paid are non-refundable.